Shervin Pishevar is an Iranian-American entrepreneur and investor. Pishevar is the co-founder and manager of Sherpa Capita, a fund management company that has invested in companies such as Airbnb and Uber. He is currently a strategic advisor to Uber.
Shervin Pishevar, son of Abraham Pishevar, a famous radio executive, was born in Iran. Shervin Pishevar left the country abruptly after government officials put his father on Ayatollah Khomeini’s execution list for sharing video footage on how to flee the country. Pishevar became a cab driver in Maryland, where his family later joined him.
Shervin Pishevar is a man that takes pride in voicing his opinions. Colleagues have known him as a man of many words, so it is no surprise that he took to Twitter to share his thoughts on bitcoin, immigration, and Elon Musk’s company Tesla.
Shervin Pishevar’s 21-hour tweet storm on Twitter is important.
Here, I have recapped a summary of what Pishevar had to say on Twitter earlier this year.
1) The market has lost all hope of collecting gains in 2018 and 2017.
2) Every asset class has been overestimated.
3) Inflation does not exist. This country has managed to outsource inflation for several years now.
4) There is uncertainty coming from the capital of the United States with every major global deal.
5) The era of cheap money has come and gone. The stock market is crashing.
6) Bitcoin will continue to lose value, but stay solid at $2-5k.
7) Entrepreneurship is a worldwide movement. Silicon Valley has lost some of its competitive advantage over other areas of innovation.
8) Space travel companies like SpaceX + Virgin Hyperloop One will be laughed at until the technology becomes a reality.